Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 34: Where does the time go?

I mean really where does it go? I look back at each day, each week,
each month and wonder why does time go by so quickly.
As I am typing this email to you today I am having a really hard time
thinking back on what to share with you all. I do have one really
funny story, and that is about it.

At the beginning of this week we had found two new people. We were so
excited for the next appointment! It was this elderly guy and his 16
year old daughter. He is a war vet, and had many stories of when God
had answered his prayers. We left with them two copies of the Book of
Mormon. Anyway, we get our member, and we go back for our next visit.
We get up to the door, and we see in a clear bag the books, and a note
inside. The note reads as such: not enter resetted thank you. Talk
about a good game of mad gab! Haha we were standing there trying to
figure out what it meant. They were not interested just so you all
know haha. That was a good giggle.

I also got to use some Spanish this past week! One of our recent
converts is hispanic, and taught me how to introduce us in Spanish.
That was pretty cool. Nothing came of it though.

We have been trying to walk as of late. The only problem is that when
we are out the people aren't. That is okay I guess, the weather is so
nice, and the trees are turning beautiful colors. Sister Mandin is so
silly! She will collect the different leaves, and press them in her
preach my gospel book. Then she sends them to people.

This week I have been studying how the Book of Mormon and the Bible
support each other. I really like the scriptures Ezekiel 37:16-17 1
 Nephi 13:34-41, 2 Nephi 3:12 and Isaiah 29:11-14.
I know that God has provided for us scriptures that teach us about the
doctrine of Christ. I testify  to you the truthfulness of the Book of
Mormon. It does support the Bible. It testifies that Jesus is the
Christ. If you have not read it, I invite you to do so. It does not
matter what I say. I could preach to you until I am blue in the face,
and it still won't mean a thing. Read it,and ask God! I promise he
will answer if you have faith in Christ, a sincere heart, and with
real intent. Meaning you are willing to act upon the answer that God
gives you. I will not deny this truth.

I have finally met people who look at anti Mormon websites. Haha! It
makes me laugh some of the things that are clearly false doctrine, and
frustrated that he doesn't have time to read the Book of Mormon, but
has plenty of time to look stuff up on the internet. Didn't you know
everything on the internet is true? The only reason we keep going back
is because he and his wife really do have real intent. They want to
know if there is something else God has in store for them.

Something fun that happened this week was President Taylor's birthday!
He celebrated with the Portland, and Gresham zones. His children, and
their families flew into town for a couple of days. I got to meet his
daughter who lived in Casper. She was nice.

I hope you all are having fun in the land of endless p days! Thanks
for reading. Until next p day..
Sister Slattery



Sister Missionaries...

Sister Mandin serenading the world!

Larger than life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment