Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 32: Eveyone Knows Lisa Ellsworth

Okay so other crazy connection to Lisa. Sister Mandin's dad served his
mission in Nashville Tennessee. One of his companion's lives here in
our stake. His wife Teresa has a sister. Guess who that sister is. Yep
it is Lisa! Life is just so small, then it gets even smaller when you
have all of these church ties.

This week was so long, and it seemed like everything happened all at
the beginning. We first had interviews with President Taylor! What a
great guy, I love him and his wife so much! Then after that we had an
appointment with one of our investigators. We committed her to baptism
October 10th! Such a sweet lady. I am so excited for her. I'm also
grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted us with her. When we go over
the Spirit is so strong. We taught her the plan of salvation, and
about how families are eternal. After we finish with a prayer she was
telling us how she was meeting with other missionaries, but didn't
agree with what they were saying. I then asked her if she could share
with us what the difference between us, and the other missionaries.
She paused, and got emotional, and said because she knew what we were
saying was true. We then all start crying like sister missionaries do.
Wow! My mind was blown! When she said that I had a witness from the
Holy Ghost that it is true. I love how many different people I have
met just add to my testimony of Christ, and his gospel.
We are also meeting with this other couple. He has a lot of questions.
I am still learning to rein in all the different side tangents in
lessons. Thank heavens for member missionaries! They are super sweet
as well.

Our washer broke again. Luckily I have plenty of clothes to last me
two or so weeks. I'm also grateful for Bishop's wife letting us use
her washer. 😀

My companion is doing better. Today is the first day without crutches.
We shall see how she feels by the end of the day. Funny story! We were
walking. I was I front of her, and her crutch got my shoe. Then I look
back, and she is on the floor. Of course there were a few witnesses. I
asked if she was okay. All she said was. "How could you do this to me
sister?" Then I start busting up laughing haha! She took a a mighty
tumble.
This other time.. She was elevating her foot, and I was putting the
ice pack on it. Well she screamed out in pain! I gasp, and was worried
I really did hurt her. Then she's all I'm just kidding. I was so mad!
She could tell too. I wind up to hit her, but I just lightly tapped
her. Sister Mandin said if looks could kill all of Oregon would be
dead. I am sitting in he chair giving her the silent treatment when
all the while she is apologizing. All I could say was as long as
you're okay.  I eventually got over it. It was scary though. I thought
I did hurt her, but turns out I didn't. Looking back it was a pretty
funny moment.

We are not getting transferred! It was a possibility that Sister Mandin would
have been training, but nope! I am so glad that I get to spend another
transfer with her. She is the best! I already have a Canadian accent
when I say certain words. We matched our outfits on Sunday. That was
fun, and we got a lot of complements. Haha.

Well as of right now I can not think of anything else pressing on my
mind to tell you all. Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Sister Slattery

Twinners

Tracking on crutches.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment