Friday, April 1, 2016

Week 60: Happy Easter

I am so privileged that I get to serve God this time of year. I am so
grateful for my Savior. I would like to copy paste a part from the
Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister.

 The most important event in history
If a survey were taken of history's most significant events, common
answers might include the harnessing of fire, the discovery of
America, the splitting of the atom, landing on the moon, or the
invention of the computer. Each is a wonderful event, but absent the
backdrop of the Atonement each is of but transitory importance - no
more than a shooting star illuminating the sky for a brief moment, and
then vanishing into the night. The Atonement gives purpose and potency
to every event in history. President Gordon B. Hinckley spoke of its
relationship to other events in the world history : ” When all is said
and done, when all of history is examined, when the deepest  depths of
the human mind have been explored, there is nothing so wonderful, so
majestic, so tremendous as his act of grace." Is was not just another
great event in he chronicles of history. It was, as Hugh Nibley
observed, "the one supreme reality of our life upon this earth!"
.....All other events, doctrines, and principles are subservient to
and appendages of that godly act.


I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. He descended below
us all. He does in reality live today.

With Easter comes fun family traditions, candy, and stuffed eggs..
Which brings me to this past week.

Sister De Leon Gomez came up with this really good idea to "egg" all
the members. We put in a piece of candy, confetti, and a scripture
about missionary work. I can not tell you how many times we got
caught. It was super fun!
We also were invited over to color eggs after women's conference.
(Which was wonderful by the way) I found out that this was my
companion's first time coloring eggs, and eating peeps! Oh the
memories. I of course managed to get pink coloring on my face..
Luckily it was not a lot. I can not tell you how much candy has
consumed our week. I really just want a carrot. Not the chocolate
kind.

Coloring Easter eggs for the first time.


This morning we went to the Crown Point Vista House. I think I have
been there five times now. Guess what, it is still the same. Same
view, same gift shop and everything. It is interesting to see how a
zone changes. I have been in the zone the longest (granted with a six
week break), and everyone around me is new.

Sister De Leon Gomez and I with the Columbia River in the background.


Happy Easter!
I hope all of you are doing well, and have a great week ahead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment