Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 53: Has it really been a year?

Oh my goodness, where does the time go? This past week I went through
my journal of my adventures last year. Super glad I am where I am now!
I am pretty sure there is a scripture that says something along the
lines of look not behind thee. I unfortunately did not do anything
super exciting to celebrate. My mom is so awesome though, and sent
Sister Chance and I a package! I may have cheated, and opened it up
the day before my year mark even though the package had writing on it
that told me to wait. Our ward mission leader and his wife gave us ice
cream with sprinkles! That is about how much fun we had that day.

Yesterday I may have been karate chopping the Bishop in the hall way.
He started it, so no fault of my own. Then Brother Etherington the
High Priest quorum president happened to see this. He was chuckling to
himself. It is funny if you know him. He has the appearance to be this
gruff old guy, but really he is so sweet. I love the Etheringtons!
They moved up here from Rock Springs Wyoming, so we talk about Wyoming
a lot when they have us over for dinner. He was telling his wife that
he feels like this ward has exceptional missionaries, but that he
particularly likes the current two they have. Tender! It made me feel
really good about our companionship, and that members really do like
us. I really love being in this ward. The people are fantastic!
Yesterday was also the Super Bowl. We're were told that we had to be
in by 7:30 just for safety precautions. We did not think that we would
have very much success knocking on people's doors, so we didn't. Your
welcome all you football fanatics. Instead we walked up and down this
really long street. 30 blocks down, and back. Really bad idea with
pinchy shoes. I did it though! Plus it was perfect weather! We then
went to dinner with the Jorgensen family. Good thing it was fast
Sunday! Every time we go over she always has this big spread laid out
for us. They have this rocking horse, and Sister J had us take a
picture with it. She said we were the first missionaries in a while
who have not asked to take a picture with it. She decided that she was
going to have a missionary wall of all the missionaries that come
through with the horse.

Another funny thing about this week.. For those who do not know I love
coins. I get so excited when I find a penny, and if I am lucky a
nickel or quarter on the ground. Sister Chance just laughs at me. She
probably thinks I am a weirdo, but whatever. Money is money. I keep
telling her that one of these days I am going to count all of my
coins, and I will have a full dollar. One day we are walking down this
street, and I hear this coin fall to the pavement. I turn around, and
I see this clean, pristine, shiny quarter. I asked my companion if she
dropped that. She said yes. She just loves my reaction when I find
coins. She decided to do me a favor, and drop me some big change.
Bahaha! I am sure reading this over email is not very funny, but trust
me, it is.

We also went to the Stake President's house for breakfast like we do
every first Saturday of the month. I love them so much! Their son is
over the 11 year old Boy Scouts, and they had a camp out in the back
yard, so that to join us for breakfast.

Well, Thanks for reading!!! I love you all, and I hope you have a
great week! Until next time..

Opened my package a day early.

Fun

Sister Chance with her anniversary box.

The Zone at the Stake Missionary Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment