Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 41: Settling into Vancouver

I had interviews with President Taylor this week! I was in there for about 15 minutes. I told him about your 9 month package. I even wore my camel necklace to show him. He gave me some comforting words about not letting other people have power over how I feel. Also talked to me about how to help Sister Jacobs. The conclusion I came up with is to role play everyday. I also expressed to him my worries of if I was fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. He told me not to be worried, but that it tells him a lot about me because I am concerned about it. He told me that I was obedient, hard working missionary, and that as long as God and I, and he and I are good no one else really matters.
Bailey Metz got baptized on Saturday! She is so fun! Her husband teases me so much. It is so funny and we have some good inside jokes. The first time I met him he asked me if I have any brothers, and I said no. He told me I was in for it. Boy did he mean it! I was mimicking my hand movements. He is pretty funny. He has decided that we were best friends. 
-side tangent- my first p.day I met my district leader and his companion for the first time. Elder Robbins (DL comp) said a kid history quote, and I finished the quote. Then we found out that we both like studio c. -it is funny mom- ever since then, I have decided that he was my best friend. I was talking to Sister Jacobs about Sarah who is actually my best friend. She says to me " you pick the most unavailable people to be best friends with: an elder, a married man, and a woman." Haha it was so funny! 
Brother Metz mocking me!


Sister Stromness (I lived with her in Gresham) came to the baptism because her companion had taught Bailey. She told me that Sister Mandin and her new companion had a baptism that night. What! I was so happy to hear that. It had only been two weeks since transfers. Where was this guy? I do not know. I kinda was disappointed because I didn't see a baptism in that area. Then I realized that that man had the missionaries that he needed. Plus I picked up the area. I worked hard, and all that I needed to do. I have no regrets, and I left the area better than I found it. I also found out that Sister  Mandin was sick, and puking her guts out. Poor girl! Hopefully she is feeling better by now. 
 
The Metz, with the Sister Missionaries.

Bailey.  The 4th Baptism I have had a chance to be a part of.

Beautiful missionary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment