Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 39: Transfer Week

 
Okay let's start on Wednesday morning. Sister Mandin and I were struggling to
get my suitcases squished into our car in the dark while it was
raining. Good start, do not worry this story gets better. We are
driving to the transfer site jamming out to Vocal Point. We made a
wrong turn. We try again. Made another wrong turn, we try again. Okay
maybe we didn't  go as far down as we needed? We drive for a bit, and
still can't find it. We pull out good old google maps. Guess what?
There are multiple streets named the one we were trying to find, so
that was no luck. We call the zone leaders, and ask them. We were told
it was off of this one avenue. Okay so we followed directions. We get
there and it was not what we were looking for. The whole time I am
progressively freaking out more and more. At this point I scream come
and find us! My gps was packed away, so we didn't have that resource.
We park, I fling open the door, and start digging in my bag for the
gps. Finally we are on the right track, and we get there fashionably
late. Turns out that the van was stuck in traffic, so all was well.

Walking into transfers was awkward because everyone was staring at
us.. Transfers was very uplifting. Sister Mandin got her baby, and we took a
4 generation picture. It was really sad to leave Sister Mandin. We really had
a fun time together. She will do great! Also it is not like she is
dead, I will see her around I am sure. Except maybe not because I have
crossed the boarder to Washington.

Sister Jacobs is so kind! She came out with Sister Mandin. She also white
washed this area with Sister Forsyth who was my trainer. I get to
greenie bust! Also big news! This area is a walking area. They had a
car last transfer, but I guess another area needed it more which I
understand. Our area is pretty small, and flat. We do have bikes, we
are just waiting for a couple of things for those. I live with a
member and her daughter. They are super nice.

I am just trying to learn the area and the people. Adventure is out
there! Happy P day everybody.

Love,
Sister Slattery

 
Four generations of Sister missionaries.
Knee deep rain!
The Sharps from Troutdale.
Bunkbeds!

Me and Sister Jacobs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment