Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 25: Challenges

Okay so two challenges come to mind that happened this past week. Okay
so I forgot if I told you about President Taylor's challenge. He told
all the zone leaders to tell all the companionships that he received
inspiration that everyone can find one new person to teach by the end
of Sunday night. (This being last Saturday when they are telling us).
Well guess what? Sister Depew, and I found two people to teach that
Sunday. They are pretty awesome ladies! One has accepted the
invitation to be baptized September 19th! I am honored that God has
enough trust in us to do missionary work. Really if you think about
it, He could do missionary work by himself.

Okay so the challenge that happened last night... Let me preface this
with that Sister Depew, and I had parked the car, and we were walking
trying to contact some people. It started to rain on us! Luckily I had
my umbrella. Sister Depew tells me she needs to go to the bathroom.
Good thing that members lived in the apartment complex where we were.
They are this cute young couple. She is a ward missionary, and he
teaches the gospel principle class. They let us in, and we are talking
about these black bean chocolate cup cakes she made. (Really good),
and they were showing us the type of beans they used. Well next to the
beans was this jar of apple cider vinegar. Brother Sharp was telling
us how every night he has one spoonful of it. He was talking about how
good it was for you, and all this stuff. He offered if we wanted to
try it. Depew didn't want anything to do with it. I said sure,
thinking okay this is a good way to earn member trust. Bahaha it was
awful! It burned going down my throat, and I am coughing, and tears
are coming out of my eyes. After I composed myself Brother Sharp said
that I was the first to take him up on his challenge, and that he was
very impressed that I did that. Haha so now we are friends.
Then we shared a spiritual message with them because that is what we
do, and we were back into the rain.

This is my last week with Sister Depew! She has reached the end to her
mission. I sure am going to miss her. I will find out who will be my
new companion is on Friday. It will be a great last week to send her
home!

I love you all.
Sister Slattery

Singin' in the Rain.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment