Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 20: I'm being transferred.....

That's right I am leaving St. Helens and going to Gresham. It is
suburb outside of Portland. I will be in the Columbia ward and Sister Depew will be my new companion. I am excited to go. I just do not want to leave my people! Plus that means I have to pack. I sent a box home before I started packing. You would think that everything will fit. I
know it will fit, I am just not a great packer like my mom. Plus this
time I have my bedding that was shipped in a box the first time, so
now I have to figure a way to squish that in there. I feel like I am
being uprooted! It will be good. I will go, and be an instrument in
the Lord's hands. I know there are people being prepared in Gresham
right now to hear the gospel.

This week with Sister Ledoux was so much fun! We have been walking a
lot still, but I have gotten used to it, and on the plus side I have a
really awesome tan. Haha! I can not even imagine what people must
think when they see us two walking. We are singing, and we have shadow
wars, and we kick rocks, and probably on the outside looks like we are
just beating each other up. I also lost my name tag. Neither me or
Ledoux noticed until after we are at dinner, and I do not have a name
tag. I have no hope of finding it. Luckily I have another one, and I
can order more.

Earlier this week we went to a zone conference, and we got the tiwi
boxes. (car babysitting boxes) I was so nervous I drove five under the
speed limit the whole way home. Well anyway later that day sister
Ledoux finally got her birthday package, and she opened it in the car.
Well there are stars in her box. Well we have this star fight in the
car. Stars, stars everywhere. THEN we are home, and she puts the left
overs all over my bed. For the whole week, we have just been finding
stars in obscure places.

I love Sister LeDoux. I guess when we have a good thing going it only
lasts a transfer. Sister LeDoux will be staying in St. Helens, and
training, and training a new missionary. Sister Richter is also
staying and training. Sister Nielsen is white washing AND training.
Which means she is getting a new area with a companion that does not
know the area either.

Today we are having a bbq at the Thomas's. Lots of games. Makes me
think of an English tea party. I love you all! Hope you have a great
week!
Love,
Sister Slattery

The Rainier Zone

Stars in the car...
 

Portland Temple

People in Oregon have the weirdest yard art!


Lounging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment