Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 11: Zone Conference and snakes

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't email you last week...

This week was good besides the fact that my companion is sick. She has had two colds in two weeks. I think she will be okay though. Other than that I got to go to my first zone conference. That was really good. The thing that stood out to me: Do you want more promptings? Act on the ones you have already received. Also to act NOW. There are elect waiting. Those two stood out to me.

It was been so sunny and in the 80*s! Boy is it hot! It is daunting thinking of the Las Vegas weather. Then I realized I would be returning home in August 2016. August. In Las Vegas. I will enjoy it now I guess haha. So while it was nice and sunny we parked the car and contacted referrals. Well there is grass (Yes real, not the fake kind in my front yard at home) along side the side walk. All of a sudden I hear this movement in the grass, and I knew it was a snake! I do not care if it was a garden snake, it was a snake! Well I did a little dance and jumped as high as I could. Then on our way back there is another snake in the grass! I did my little jump dance again. My companion asked if I really was afraid of snakes. She had the "really you are that scared" kind of attitude about it. It was scary I tell you! 

I have been trying to take take pictures. Mom should have them. I do not even use my camera because I have one on my ipad,and I can send pictures from there, verses getting the cord, connecting to the computer.. Anyhow, I am getting better!

I read this morning in the Ensign "It Isn't a sin to be weak" I really needed that. 

Thank you all for the support!

Until next week.

Sister Slattery

Doing a little service.

Blowing bubbles.

Sister Slattery, Sister Forysth, Sister Olsen, Sister Nielsen

Columbia River

Working in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment